By ROSALYN EVARA, Post CourierTHE verdict on the case against accused bank robber William Nanua Kapris and his 13 co-accused will be handed down next month.
Kapris and his co-accused had yesterday appeared briefly before National Court Judge Justice David Cannings, anticipating the decision to be handed down but this was not the case.
Also present was the Senior Public Prosecutor Kaluwin Pondros, State lawyers representing 10 of the accused Anne Raymond and Mwagawa Mwawesi while absent were private lawyers David Dataona representing Kapris and Seth Daniels who is representing the remaining three of the accused.
Justice Cannings said the verdict was not ready as the court had been very busy. He said the matter would be set down for mention on March 8 while the actual verdict would be handed down on March 10. Meanwhile, in the case against the developers of the Ramu nickel project, Louis Mediang, the lead plaintiff in the Ramu nickel mine waste dumping case, has confirmed he will be filing new contempt of court proceedings against the mine owners.